The important details
Terms & Conditions
The person whose name appears on the Booking Form agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all members of the party adhere to the Conditions of Let set out below.
In these Conditions of Let, “Owner” refers to the owner of the property you are booking, “Property” refers to the Swallow Barn.
1. The number of people occupying Swallow Barn is limited to that stated on website,(2) unless by prior consent with the Owner.
2. You must pay a 30% deposit on booking, with the remainder of the balance payable six (6) weeks before the start of the Let. If a booking is made less than 6 weeks before the start of the holiday please send the full rental charges at the time of booking, having first checked that the Property of your choice can be reserved for you. Failure to pay the balance of rental charges, or failure to allow the Owner to take the balance by credit card by the due date (40 days prior to arrival), will result in the Owner treating the Property as available for re-booking. No reminders are sent out.
3. Please notify the Owner of any cancellation in writing. If a notice of cancellation is received between the dates of your deposit being received and the final payment being due then the deposit will be retained unless the Property can be re-let. If cancellation is made within four weeks of the holiday start (i.e. the whole rent has been paid) then the whole amount paid will be retained unless the Property can be re-let. If a re-let is successful then a full refund will be made, less an administration fee of £25 per week. If the Property cannot be re-let then no refund will be given.
To safeguard against cancellation charges & other unforeseen eventualities we strongly recommend Cancellation Insurance.
4. Should the Property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any cause, you must accept that the Owner’s liability is limited to the amount of any rent paid.
5. Dogs are welcome: max of one dog, by prior request and acceptance. We just need a few details in advance to give our consent. Dogs are charged at £60 per week or part there of payable with a deposit.
We have a few rules to consider: Dogs are not to be left alone in the cottage and they are not permitted upstairs or on any of the furniture.
No Smoking inside the Property.
6. You accept that the responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the accommodation is solely theirs. All vehicles are also left at the guests’ risk. Guests agree to absolve the Owner of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from any illness or injury arising from any causes whatsoever.
7. You must respect and look after your accommodation during your stay and you must leave the Property clean and tidy. Please let us know of any damage or breakages so we can repair or replace them for the next guests. We reserve the right to charge for any damage or breakages.
8. You must vacate the Property by 10am at the latest on your day of departure unless special arrangements have been made with the Owner. This is to allow us to prepare the Property for the next guests.
9. Guest arrival time is from 4pm onwards.
10. All of our portable electrical appliances have been tested and approved within the terms of the new Fire Assessment Regulations. As the use of your own personal electrical equipment is out of our control it must be at your own personal risk.